Wait for it...
Suit up for another challenging and entertaining evening of trivia at Oliver's Pizza & Pub North Peoria! You may purchase tickets via PayPal here:
How I Met Your Mother Trivia
January 19, 2020
If you are a die-hard How I Met Your Mother fan, we guarantee to challenge you with fun, humourous content, provide great HIMYM-related door prizes for every team, and offer amusing gifts and valuable gift certificates for winning teams!
Everything about this trivia night will be How I Met Your Mother-related, including special menu items, decorations, and music related to/featured in the show.
The content for our trivia show is provided by our in-house creative team, and we are die-hard HIMYM fans ourselves. After all, how could we provide a fully-immersive experience without understanding all the references?
We are ecstatic to be able to continue to host our very own trivia nights through the overwhelming support of our guests. Thank you for sharing in our enthusiasm for great entertainment and great company!
We look forward to serving you on January 19!
1. How many players are allowed per team? Up to 8 players are allowed per team.
2. Are there any age restrictions for this event? The questions and content will not be any more risque or profane as the show itself, so we will leave it to the discretion of parents as to whether the subject matter is suitable for minors.
3. Do I need to bring proof of purchase with me to trivia? Trivia tickets are virtual, so all you need to bring to trivia night is yourself. You must, however, know the name of the person who purchased the tickets in order to be seated at your reserved table.
4. May I choose my own seat for trivia? The seating chart for trivia night is planned in advance to maximize the number of guests we can accommodate. Guests may not choose their own seats or request seating changes on the night of the event, as seating arrangements are predetermined. Most guests will be seated on the second floor of the building. If you have a guest in your party who has a walking impairment, please let us know well in advance so that we may accommodate you with first-floor seating. Trivia answers only need to be turned in eight times, so there will not be an excessive number of trips up and down the stairs for guests who are seated on the second floor.
5. How many questions are asked per game? Typically there are 10 answers (points) per regular round, and between 4 and 8 answers (points) per halftime or final question. Some questions are multi-part, and others are single-answer.
6. How long does this event last? Our trivia nights last between two and two and a half hours each, depending on how quickly answers are turned in and scored. The judges "grade" each of the 22-28 teams' answer sheets themselves, so this takes between 4 and 8 minutes per round. The breaks during which the judges score the sheets is a good opportunity for guests to use the bathroom, order food and beverages, or step outside for fresh air.
6. Okay, so how hard are these questions really going to be? Guest surveys have indicated that, on the whole, our questions are between an "appropriate level of difficulty" and "difficult," with an average difficulty rating of 3.54/5. Not all questions will be difficult, but many of them will be (amusingly) esoteric. We do recommend that at least one person on your team be a HIMYM expert if you hope to place in the top 3 teams.
6. Who runs these trivia nights? Our indie trivia series is hosted and written by our in-house creative team rather than a third-party trivia company. You can read about our hosts here. Because we host these events specificically for the promotion of our own restaurant/pub, we are able to devote a great deal of time and effort in the execution of each trivia night in a way that third-party trivia companies never could or would. We take great pride in our trivia nights, and it is our honor and privilege to be able to continue to host these events for Oliver's guests.
7. I hate this show! When are you going to do [insert show here]? We welcome any and all suggestions for trivia night topics, but our ability to write content is limited to shows we love and watch ourselves. There will never be a Big Bang Theory Trivia Night at Oliver's, for example, because that show is awful. If you would like us to entertain the idea of another show, however, please email us at email@example.com.
8. What if I have other questions? Please feel free to email us at if you have any additional questions.